SmartHub is Steuben Rural Electric Cooperative's free online bill payment system. You can use it to track your energy use, update your contact information and even report power outages quickly. If you are new to paying your bill online, you will need to create a SmartHub account.
Click Here to log in to SmartHub or to register for an account.
- Provides 24-hour access to account information.
- Sends an e-mail notification when a new electric bill is generated.
- Allows you to enroll in paperless billing.
- Allows you to safely pay electronically using a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or an electronic check transaction.
- Lets those with multiple accounts to pay with a single payment.
- Track the status of and report outages.
- Enroll in text/e-mail notifications to alert you when a power outage occurs and when power has been restored.
- Provides current and historical billing information and payment history.
- Outlines energy use in graphs (hourly, daily or monthly).
- Includes a free app for smartphones and tablets. Download it by searching "SmartHub" on either the Apple Store or Google Play. Once the app is open, type in "Steuben Rural Electric Cooperative" as the provider. The login information is the same for both the website and the mobile app.
SmartHub's Outage Reporting System
SmartHub's outage reporting system is integrated with our outage management system, which is monitored 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. SmartHub receives and organizes outages almost immediately and helps us get linemen headed in the right direction to get your power restored. When a severe storm knocks out power to a high number of our members, our phone lines can quickly become overloaded. With SmartHub, you can avoid the wait times and report outages with a few simple taps on your mobile device. The app even allows you to submit comments and information that are important for our dispatchers to know such as the location of a downed power line or tree.
As is the case with reporting outages by phone, members using SmartHub are still encouraged to check their breakers before submitting an outage. SmartHub is connected to your individual account; it should be used only to report your own outage. To ensure that our linemen are responding to the correct location, never use SmartHub to report an outage for a friend, relative or neighbor.
SmartHub is the fastest and easiest way to let us know when your power goes out.
Need help using SmartHub? Call 607-776-4161 or 800-843-3414 during regular business hours to speak with a billing representative.